Moto Launches 6 new smartphones
Lenovo-owned Motorola launched three new smartphones under both the Moto G and Moto E lineup. This is the sixth generation of the Moto G consisting of Moto G6, Moto G6 Plus and Moto G6 Play, whereas there is the fifth generation of the Moto E5 series which also includes Moto E5, Moto E5 Plus and Moto E5 Play.
• 5.7-inch Full HD+ Max Vision display with 18:9 aspect ratio.
• Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.8GHz processor
• Comes in two storage options – 3GB RAM+32GB ROM and 4GB RAM+64GB ROM. There is an additional 128GB microSD card support as well.
• 3000mAh battery
• Scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass layered body with a 3D contoured back.
• Android 8.0 Oreo platform
• Comes in four colour options — Deep Indigo, Black, Blush and Silver.
• Offers both fingerprint reader and facial unlock .
• Includes a 12MP+5MP dual rear camera setup with f/1.8 aperture and an 8MP front facing snapper.
Moto G6 plus
Extra features from Moto G are-
• 5.9-inch Max Vision display.
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor clocked at 2.2GHz octa-core CPU and 700 MHz Adreno 508 GPU
• Two storage options- 4GB and 6GB with 64GB internal storage and up to 128GB microSD card support.
• 3200mAh battery.
• Available in two colour options — Deep Indigo and Nimbus
Moto G6 Play
• 5.7-inch HD+ Vision display of 1440x720p resolution with 18:9 aspect ratio, same as the Moto G6
• Runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 427 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz CPU and 600 MHz Adreno 308 GPU.
• Comes in two storage variants of 2GB RAM with 16GB storage and 3GB RAM paired with 32GB storage.
• 4000mAh battery
• Single rear camera of 13MP with phase detection autofocus (PDAF) with 2.0 aperture and a 5MP front facing snapper.
• It offers only a fingerprint scanner
• Comes in Deep Indigo and Flash Gray colour options.
Moto E 5
• 5.7-inch HD+ IPS LCD display of 1440 × 720p resolution.
• It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and Adreno 308 GPU
• 2GB RAM and 16GB storage. It includes a microSD card support of up to 128GB.
• 4000mAh battery.
• Android 8.0 Oreo.
• It has a 13 MP rear camera setup with aperture f/2.0, LED flash and PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus). On the front, it offers a 5MP camera with a selfie flash
• Only fingerprint scanner for security
• Comes in Flash gray and Fine Gold Colour options.
Moto E 5 Plus
• 6-inch HD+ IPS LCD display of 1440 × 720p resolution.
• 5000mAh battery.
• 3GB RAM, 32G internal storage and 128GB microSD card support.
• For camera, the smartphone includes a 12MP sensor with aperture f/2.0, LED flash, PDAF (Phase Detection Autofocus). On the front, there is an 8MP front sensor with aperture f/2.2 and selfie flash light.
• The company has not specified the processor of the smartphone.
Moto E 5 Play
• 5.2-inch LCD HD display of 1280x720p resolution.
• 2800mAh battery.
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 or 427 processor clocked at 1.4GHz quad-core CPU and Adreno 308 GPU.
• It comes with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and 128GB microSD card support.
• There is a 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 and a 5MP front facing snapper.
• Available in Black, Dark Blue and Flash Grey colour variants.
While there is no word on the India price or availability of the newly launched products, Motorola has listed the global prices and availability plans of the handsets. That said, since India is one of the bigger markets for Motorola, these devices are expected to hit the market in the first wave itself.